Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ever since I was young, I have enjoyed camping out. From the first few bush camps with school friends and I even remember packing up a tent and backpack when I was about 13 years old and spending a few days out on the nearby Helderberg mountain on my own.

This progressed to often camping out near or on the beach in my surfing days in my late teens and early twenties.

Later on, once I was married to Colleen, we often camped out when on holiday along the Garden Route and in the Cederberg Mountains. In our hiking days we often carried a small tent and all our food and hiked to extreme wilderness area's and camped for a few days.

For me it is a mixture of enjoying nature, being away from it all and getting to play with all our camping toys. I have often been called "The Gadget Man" which sums up my love for any new innovations in whatever hobby etc I am engaged in at the time.

I have always had a variety of the latest "hi-tech" tents from extreme ultra light 2 man expedition tents to huge luxury multi roomed camping tents. The latest being dubbed "The Hugh Hefner Suite".






The above image is the Hugh Hefner Suite at Storms River. The picture does not do justice to its actual size. It is huge! I can easily stand upright inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment